GED writing section consists of two parts: multiple-choice questions and a GED essay writing assignment. GED essay writing is what many students are afraid of. In this article, we discuss the way to get prepared to GED essay writing.
GED essay writing assignment will not require you to have background on some specific issue. You may face a topic like “what happiness is”, “what your biggest achievement is” etc. however, this does not mean that you may turn your thinking off. You should demonstrate your logic, as well as analytical, creative and writing skills. Besides, you will need to support your statements with evidence and examples from the real life.
You will be given 45 minutes to cope with your GED custom essay writing. That is why it is important to develop a plan of writing a GED essay and to practice in GED essay writing.
Let us discuss both points in detail.
GED Essay Writing: Planning Your Way to Success
GED essay writing implies writing an essay of about 200 words, which is indeed not so much. You can write a GED essay on the basis of a general 5 paragraph essay structure:
- An introduction with a thesis statement
- Three main body paragraphs, each of them is devoted to a separate argument
- A conclusion
To cope with GED essay writing, do the preliminary steps:
- Read the assignment attentively, understand what exactly it requires
- Turn thinking on and brainstorm: develop ideas, recollect quotations and examples, find interesting approaches to covering a topic.
- Plan your essay: develop an outline.
GED Essay Writing: Practice
To get prepared to GED essay writing, you should:
- Find GED essay writing samples and analyze how they are written
- Take sample GED essay prompts and practice writing an essay within 45 minutes.
- Read sample essays of different kinds to find interesting ideas.